Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sony 4 GB Walkman Video MP3 Player with FM Tuner (Red) Review

Sony 4 GB Walkman Video MP3 Player with FM Tuner
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
this Sony Walkman has noise canceling mechanism built into the player. For what it's worth it does an adequate job. It probably won't do the job those expensive noise-canceling headphones can do, but it is in my opinion sufficient.

My experience in reading reviews were best if I arrange it in points rather than narratives. So I will do that here.

Strength:
1. it has outstanding sound quality. It is not that outstanding right out of the box, however. You have to tweak and toggle some settings. You have to turn on bass features and play with equalizers. I had every single version of iPods and the only iPod that comes close (but not quite) to the sound quality of this is first generation iPod shuffle. It has amazingly clean bass. The earbud that comes with the player is miles better than iPod earbuds. You usually have to spend $40-$50 for this type of earbud.
2. I actually like the size of this player over iPod nano because it is easier on my hand to grab. iPod nano was too thin and it is difficult to navigate since it is too small.
3. interface is really clean and I really like how you can skip fast to the last of the list by clicking right button. This is just one of those subtle feature that makes the experience better.
4. I like how this player has dedicated tactile volume button.

Weakness
1. it does not have gapless playback. This is a problem for me because I listen to a lot of Euro style mix musics.
2. it does not arrange songs by disc numbers. This is a problem since I arranged my albums in a way that it sorts out by disc numbers.
3. the biggest knock on this player probably is limited types of playable formats. It plays mp3, aac and wav. The problem with this is that if you have some odd formats like mp2 or ogg, when you are importing the music via windows explorer you will have problems with system crash. This is mostly windows Vista issue, however.

So most of the weaknesses are either subjective or nitpicky. Overall I love this player's sound quality. Since sound quality is the top 1st, 2nd, and 3rd important thing for me when I choose my mp3 player, this one is a winner.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Sony 4 GB Walkman Video MP3 Player with FM Tuner (Red)

Product Description:
Sony's NWZ-S716F Walkman MP3 player combines your favorite multimedia entertainment with the benefits of built-in noise cancellation technology that reduces up to 75 percent of ambient noise. The slim yet powerful digital music player features a 4GB storage capacity, a bright 1.8" QVGA LCD display, and up to 33 hours of battery life so you can enjoy up to 1,000 of your favorite digital music tracks, hours of high quality video, or hundreds of photographs. The addition of Sony Clear Audio technologies, including the supplied Noise Canceling Sony EX Series headphones, helps ensure you're treated to a superior audio experience.

Buy Now

Want to buy Sony 4 GB Walkman Video MP3 Player with FM Tuner (Red) at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:



buy it at amazon.combuy it at amazon.co.ukbuy it at amazon.cabuy it at amazon.debuy it at amazon.fr

No comments:

Post a Comment