Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I have already dropped it a few times and it has escaped with only a few scratches mostly on the edges and not on main body. I would question the other reviewer because 1) this thing came with a 1 year guarantee 2) why would "buy" 2 when there is a warranty and the first one apparently broke 3) why would you put out the time and effort and bash all their products before checking out the warranty.
I had a sanyo refurbished mp3 which was similar in terms of cost and it eventually fell apart and I have to admit due to my own abusive dropping and bending of the usb connector when it was plugged into my laptop.
Personal Pros:
USB extension cord: my old one broke because I would move my laptop while it was plugged in and I would forget it was in so when I placed it on the sofa, it would bend. This cord gives me piece of mind.
Aluminum casing: Light, durable as I stated before I have already dropped it a number of times on concrete and no scratches on the main body. Also the fact that it is one main body with enclosures on the ends convinces me that this is less likely to fall apart by minimizing complexity. When there are a bunch of buttons and separate pieces, it is simply more likely to disconnect from one another.
Clip: I love this clip. It can clip onto a keychain, pants (where you belt goes into), pockets, etc. I used to drop mine often because I am very mobile at work and would knock the wire of the headphones with the mp3 player falling to the floor. Very good if you are biking, hiking, etc. I have only dropped it when it was not clipped.Semi-Cons:
Buttons, headphones: What you can expect from a 30 dollar mp3. Buttons are a bit hard to press compared to my old one but eventually get used to it. Headphones are basic which is common with lower end mp3 players (between my boyfriend and I, we have/had 3 mp3 players of different brands and all came with similar headphones).
User Friendliness:
Contrary to a lot of comments of it not be user friendly, it might not be standard but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out either. So if you are accustomed to higher end mp3 products like ipods, sorry but you need to realize that this product is on average $32 so it might not be the simplest interface but I didn't even need to use the manual (included on the drive) and was still able to figure it out. I think it is a bit confusing because other devices tend to use the button in the middle as an "ok" button while they tend to use the M (menu) button for that purpose.
Overall: I was not expecting much when I brought this home from fry's but was surprised at what an improvement it was upon my last mp3 player. I personally like simple, uncool things so if simple, cheaper than apple mp3 players and uncool fits your profile, this is for you. If you are a hip young thing (I am actually a 25 year old female who is not hip), then I would suggest ipods.Quote from review from 8GB version that I found very helpful and sums it up:
At $[...] or less, this is a killer product. If you want to whine about features, then spend more money.
Step 1. Sanity check.
It costs, what? Less than $[...].
Step 2. Features
Plays MP3 files, plays FM. Records FM (hello, this is useful!) Records and plays back voice recording competently. Rechargeable battery.
Windows/Mac/Linux compatible (mass storage device)
Step 3.
Price check. > $[...] it's a good deal.
Step 4.
This thing sounds great! FM works very well. Records voice too. There's a playback speed feature I haven't tried. It will probably work too.
Step 5.
What's "wrong" with it? Headphones are cheap. The file browsing is funky and it doesn't appear to play nested or even multiple folders. But the thing cost me less than $[...]!
I have no patience for people nickle-and-diming low-end product. No doubt, there will be plenty of reviews whining about the 'cut corners' on a very low-end mp3 player. You want better? Pay more. Oh, wait. You won't pay more that's why you are considering this one.
At $[...] or less, this is a killer product. If you want to whine about features, then spend more money.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Centon Craze 4GB MP3 Player (Black)
Product Description:
Music and DataStick in One With an integrated USB connector you can use the MP3 player as a flash drive as well as a traveling music player. Listen to hours of your favorite music or FM radio or where ever you go. The Craze plays multiple formats and bit rates and has easy to use controls.
Want to buy Centon Craze 4GB MP3 Player (Black) at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:
No comments:
Post a Comment